Sophie Turner is suing Joe Jonas over custody issues surrounding their two children, it has been claimed.
The Game of Thrones actress, 27, and Jonas Brothers singer, 34, confirmed their divorce earlier this month after four years of marriage.
Since then, the Sucker singer has faced backlash from fans while the mom-of-two has been spotted enjoying an evening out in New York with Taylor Swift.
According to reports, Sophie has filed documents in Manhattan today, demanding the return of their daughters to the UK – with her ex’s reps speaking out in a lengthy statement.
In paperwork obtained by PageSix, she reportedly requested to secure ‘the immediate return of children wrongfully removed or wrongfully retained’, alleging that the ‘wrongful retention’ began on September 20.
The outlet reports that the former couple had previously agreed to move to England together, and were said to be ‘excited’ for this, having found ‘the perfect home’ – even putting their property in Miami on the market.
After relocating to England in April, Sophie is said to have started filming for Joan nearby, but Joe then embarked on a tour with his brothers.
The paperwork reportedly claims that the pair agreed ‘with hesitation’ on a ‘temporary arrangement’ for the kids to be with the musician during this period as he would have more free time.
‘The children would then at least be able to spend some time during the day with one of their parents until the mother finished her filming commitments,’ the documents state, claiming that their marriage then broke down ‘very suddenly’ following an alleged argument in August.
According to PageSix, the Cake By The Ocean star filed for divorce on September 1, with Sophie finding out ‘from the media’ days later.
Joe is thought to be in possession of their daughters’ passports, with the actress accusing him of withholding the documents from her.
‘The father has possession of the children’s passports,’ the paperwork reportedly claims. ‘He refuses to return the passports to the mother and refuses to send the children home to England with the mother.’
The publication reports that Joe’s attorney confirmed he will not return their passports, or give his consent for the children to move, which reportedly led to Sophie taking legal action.
It is thought that she will name him in a similar lawsuit in the UK.
Sophie and Joe first met in 2016 and soon started dating, before they went on to tie the knot in Las Vegas in 2019.
In July, 2020, they welcomed Willa, their first child together, and added to their brood once again two years later.
Although they have been in the limelight for years, they have remained fiercely guarded about their private life, making sure not to post pictures of their children on social media and not even sharing their youngest daughter’s name.
Amid intense speculation surrounding their marriage, they released a joint statement earlier this month, confirming they had decided to go their separate ways.
‘After four wonderful years of marriage we have mutually decided to amicably end our marriage,’ it read.
‘There are many speculative narratives as to why but, truly this is a united decision and we sincerely hope that everyone can respect our wishes for privacy for us and our children.’
Metro.co.uk has contacted reps for Sophie and Joe for a comment.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Read Full Article