Katie Price’s £50,000 engagement ring ‘stolen’ in ‘theft and assault’

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

Katie Price's £50,000 engagement ring was reportedly stolen during her alleged theft and assault.

The 43 year old was rushed to hospital in the early hours of Monday morning with "facial injuries" after the alleged attack at her home in Essex.

A 32 year old man, who was arrested on suspicion of assault, theft and coercive and controlling behaviour, was released on bail until 20 September on Tuesday morning.

It has now been reported that amongst the goods stolen from Katie's home was the engagement ring gifted to her by fiancé Carl Woods when he proposed in April, 10 months into their romance.

A source told The Sun: "Katie no longer has her ring. It cost thousands but went during the incident."

OK! online has contacted a representative for Katie for comment on this story.

The former glamour model spoke out on the incident after being discharged from hospital on Monday.

She told The Sun: "I've got a big bruise, my face is all puffy, and I went to hospital.

"I'm still all dazed. I'm devastated. I've told police that I was assaulted, and am in shock that this happened.

"I ran away after being punched – I ran to Harvey's house nearby and have now done damage to my feet, which I previously injured. I can't say any more."

Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

An insider told the publication how the mum-of-five is "too upset" to return to her home, where the alleged assault took place, and is staying with friends.

They said: "Katie is so upset and far too emotional to go back to her home.

"She's staying with friends and resting up to recover from her injuries. She's sent friends to pick up some stuff she needs from the Essex house so she's comfortable."

Essex Police said in a statement after the incident: "We were called by colleagues in the ambulance service to reports of an assault shortly after 1.30am this morning, Monday 23 August.

"We arrived and found a woman had sustained a facial injury which required hospital treatment.

"A man was arrested a short time later on suspicion of assault."

Source: Read Full Article