On Wednesday, Jan. 12, Steamboat Springs got its first look at “Relatively Famous: Ranch Rules,” a reality TV show that stars celebrities’ children as they learn the traditions of ranching while showcasing the beauty of the Saddleback Ranch in Routt County.
“Back in the preproduction phase of the show, we did do a lot of location scouting at a handful of places across the country, and it was just clear that Saddleback Ranch was the best place for our show in terms of scenically, logistically, creatively, infrastructurally and all that stuff,” said Brandon Wahl, vice president of production for Fremantle, which also created the hit shows “America’s Got Talent,” “American Idol,” “The Price is Right” and “Family Feud,” among others.
The production spent four weeks at the ranch that’s three miles from Milner off Routt County Road 179, and filmed the show from mid-May into June. The cast and staff lived on the ranch, but Wahl said they made plenty of trips to Steamboat to eat at local restaurants and visit downtown.
The main cast includes:
- Hana Giraldo, the daughter of Neil Giraldo and Pat Benatar
- Austin Gunn, the son of professional wrestler Billy Gunn and brother to Colten Gunn
- Tay Hasselhoff, the daughter of David Hasselhoff
- Jasmin Page Lawrence, the daughter of actor Martin Lawrence
- Myles O’Neal, the stepson of NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal and son to TV personality Shaunie O’Neal
- Redmond Parker, the son of Grammy-winning singer Ray Parker, Jr.
- Harry James Thornton, the son of former Playboy model Pietra Dawn Cherniak and actor Billy Bob Thornton
- Ebie, the daughter of the late rapper and hip-hop star Eazy-E
The show premiered Wednesday, Jan. 12, with back-to-back episodes on E! Entertainment Television. The series will continue with a new episode coming out at 7 p.m. every Wednesday until the finale March 2.
Read the full story from our partner at steamboatpilot.com.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter, In The Know, to get entertainment news sent straight to your inbox.
Source: Read Full Article