IT’S a bit parky right now and if you are allowed mates round for drinks, it is outside only. So why not warm your cockles with a piping-hot cocktail – it’s a bit more exciting than same-old mulled wine.
Here, award-wining booze experts and comics The Thinking Drinkers, a.k.a. Ben McFarland and Tom Sandham, suggest a few tipples to hit the spot.
A TWIST on Irish coffee, swapping whiskey for tequila – maybe sexy George Clooney’s brand Casamigos.
- 30ml Casamigos tequila
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- Hot coffee
- Single cream, for topping
- Stir the above, except cream, in heatproof glass.
- Sit upside-down spoon on glass and float cream off back of spoon on to liquid.
Hot Mulled Negroni
FABULOUS festive makeover for a classic cocktail.
- 25ml red Vermouth
- 20ml Campari
- 50ml red wine
- 15ml gin
- Pinch each of cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar
- Orange peel
Heat the above, but for orange peel, in pan.
Serve in mug or glass coffee cup, with the peel on top.
Hot Gin Punch
GENIUS, this one, bringing out the Plymouth gin’s beautiful botanicals.
- 300ml Plymouth gin
- 300ml sherry
- 1 tsp each of grated nutmeg and ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp honey
- Juice of 3 lemons, lemon peel studded with cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks, star anise
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Sweeten with honey.
King's mulled cider
USES King’s Ginger liqueur, beloved of King Edward VII.
- 50ml The King’s Ginger
- 150ml cider
- 150ml apple juice
- Cinnamon stick, slice of lemon
- Warm in pan, not so long as to burn off booze.
- Add cinnamon and lemon.
- The Thinking Drinkers plan to return to theatres in 2021 with new show Pub Quiz, and you get FIVE free drinks. See thinkingdrinkers.com
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL email@example.com
Source: Read Full Article