If you happen to live on a street named Hawkins, something delicious your way comes.
To celebrate the launch of the third season of Stranger Things, Netflix is travelling around the UK to deliver free ice cream to anyone who lives in a destination related to the Hawkins name.
This all sounds a bit unrelated, so we’ll just pause to explain for a minute.
Hawkins is the town in which Stranger Things takes place, so that’s why Netflix is heading to Hawkins destinations.
They’re handing out ice cream because in Stranger Things 3 Dustin and Steve work in an ice cream parlour called Scoops Ahoy. The van that will hand out free ice cream will also be called Scoops Ahoy.
Hopefully that all makes sense. On we go.
Scoops Ahoy ice cream menu
Coke Float: Gluten-free – Coca Cola with vanilla ice cream
Cherries Jubilee: Dairy-free and gluten-free – cherry sorbet, dark sauce, glace cherries, and dark chocolate sprinkles
Banana Boat: Banoffee and vanilla ice cream, wafers, toffee sauce
July 4th: Cookie dough and vanilla ice cream, a cone hat, and red, white, and blue sprinkles
The van will be as 80s as the show, with pastel pinks, blues, and whites, but will be Stranger Things themed thanks to slightly unsettling melodic chimes and something sinister bursting out of one side of the van.
When it arrives in Hawkins locations, staff will hand out free ice cream. But the van will also tour other spots around the UK, serving up a menu of retro sweet treats including a Coke Float, Cherries Jubilee, a Banana Boat, and July 4th.
Keep an eye out for people wearing little sailor style outfits and paper hats so you can get your paws on a delicious snack.
The planned route for the Scoops Ahoy van
- Wednesday 3rd July – Hawkins Terrace, Penicuik
- Thursday 4th July – Glasgow City Centre, Donald Dewar Statue and Dumfries City Centre, Queensberry Square
- Friday 5th July – Hawkins Drive, Leeds
- Saturday 6th July – Hawkins Place, Bilston, and Hawkins Crescent, Newport
- Sunday 7th July – Barry Island Pleasure Park
- Monday 8th July – Hawkins Close, Plymouth and Hawkins Road, Exeter
- Tuesday 9th July – Hawkins Close, Bognor Regis
- Wednesday 10th July – New Road, Brighton and Hawkins Way, Hailsham
- Thursday 11th July – Truman Brewery London
- Friday 12th July – London
- Saturday 13th July – Dreamland, Margate
- Sunday 14th July – Hawkins Road, Cambridge
- Monday 15th July – Hawkins Close, Manchester and Hawkins Street, Liverpool
- Wednesday 17th July – Dublin
Source: Read Full Article