DRIVERS looking forward to a Bank Holiday road trip can get £10 off their fuel bill thanks to TopCashback.co.uk.
The cashback website is offering £10 worth of free petrol for all its new customers to encourage people to sign up.
To take advantage of the deal, first you need to register for a free account with TopCashback.
Then all you need to do is snap a picture of your receipt and upload it using this new joiners offer.
As long as you've spent more than a tenner, TopCashback will deposit £10 back into your account.
The deal is running until Sunday September 6 or until 10,000 people have redeemed the offer, whichever comes first.
To get the money back, you need to make sure you submit your receipt picture before the closing date.
Purchases from the following stores are eligible for cashback:
- The Co-op
But TopCashback says that purchases can be made at other fuel stations too.
When you snap your photo, you need to make sure that certain details are visible in the picture.
It needs to include the time and date of your purchase, the fuel station name and the items that were purchased.
Ways to cut down on your fuel costs
HERE are some tips on how you can slash the cost of fuel.
- Make your car more fuel-efficient. You can do this by keeping your tyres inflated, taking the roof rack off, emptying your car of clutter and turning off your air con when driving at lower speeds.
- Find the cheapest fuel prices. PetrolPrices.com and Confused.com allows you to search prices of UK petrol stations. All you need to do is enter in your postcode and tell it how far you want to travel (up to 20 miles).
- Drive more efficiently. Some ways to do this, include:
- Accelerate gradually without over-revving
- Always drive on the highest possible gear
- If you can, allow your car to slow down naturally as your brake is a money burner
- Re-starting your car is expensive, if you can keep moving
You can fold your receipt if you need to so that you can fit all the info into one picture.
The cashback site is warning people to make sure that they stay safe while snapping and says customers must not take the photo while driving or on a forecourt.
Purchases are only valid for offline transactions, but motorists can get the money back for any type of fuel.
You can only claim the cashback once per receipt and each receipt can only be used by one member.
How do cashback websites work?
They promise to earn you money on your shopping – but how do cashback websites work?
- Cashback sites agree offers with retailers which they pass on to customers
- This can vary from a set amount of money off whatever you are buying, or a percentage of the cost of your purchase
- The sums range from pennies for groceries to more than £100 for some mobile or broadband contracts
- You have to make your purchases by clicking through from the cashback site
- Because the sites drive traffic to retailers, they earn money from brands they support
- Membership of most sites is free – although some offer premium subscriptions which you pay more for.
Once you’ve submitted your receipt, your cashback can take up to seven days to show in your TopCashback account.
Then when it appears in your account, it can take up to 30 days to become 'payable' at which point you can withdraw your money.
You can read the full terms and conditions for the deal here.
Drivers were ripped off by up to £10 a tank for petrol during lockdown despite oil prices plunging to a 21-year low.
Eat Out to Help Out: Can you get 50% discount on August bank holiday Monday?
If you're planning a trip to London, first check whether you need to pay the London congestion charge on bank holidays here.
Source: Read Full Article