Bottle gobbled up by man's anus when he 'tried to scratch an itch'

A patient is recovering after his anus swallowed a bottle while he was trying to relieve an itch.

The man, 60, who is not being identified, insists that he was trying to scratch his anus when the cologne bottle was gobbled up inside him.

He eventually went to hospital where he told doctors he had a pain in his abdomen.

They investigated and when they got to the bottom of it they found the two-inch wide bottle lodged firmly up his posterior.

Gastroenterologist Dr Lin Jun, who carried out the anal surgery, released pictures from the hospital in South China’s Guangdong Province as a warning to others not to do the same.

A probe found the base of the seven inch-long Florida Water cologne bottle around two inches inside his anus.

Dr Lin said: ‘The patient told me: “My abdomen hurts. There’s something inside. I can’t poo or fart”.

‘The entire glass bottle was inside his rectum. I could feel the bottle under his abdomen. He said his anus was itching.

‘He said: “I was very uncomfortable, so I bought a bottle of Florida Water and began scratching the itch. ‘Then the bottle accidentally went up my rectum”.’

He added: ‘It’s better to seek medical attention and let a doctor help you than attempt to resolve similar conditions by buying tools and such things.’

The patient is not expected to suffer any long-term effects apart from embarrassment.

In August this year another patient had the same issue with the same brand of cologne. They had to be anaesthetised from the waist down and a metal wire was used to hook onto the bottle before it was pulled out.

Source: Read Full Article