HOLIDAY companies are predicting a sell-out summer of staycations after bookings surged this weekend.
Breaks in the peak summer months are selling out up as Brits look to lock in a break, encouraged by Health Minister Matt Hancock's hope for a 'happy and free Great British summer'.
The holiday rental company Cottages.com had more than 8,000 bookings over the weekend, with consecutive record booking days on Saturday and Sunday.
Nearly half of all holidays sold were for the peak summer months of July and August, while nearly a quarter were for staycation getaways in Cornwall and Devon.
For those who haven't yet booked a summer staycation, there's still time. Some of the best deals are:
- July & August School Holiday breaks with Haven from £396 per stay – find here
- June breaks with Haven from £89 per stay – find here
- May half-term breaks with Haven from £224 per stay – find here
- July & August Holiday Park breaks with Park Holidays from £377 per stay – find here
- June Holiday Park breaks from £176 per stay with Park Holidays – find here
- July & August breaks in Dorset & Hampshire with Shorefield from £408 per stay – find here
- July & August breaks in Lodges, Holiday Homes and Cottages throughout the UK with Snaptrip from £399 per stay – find here
- Cornwall Cottage breaks from £285 per stay with Cottages.com – find here
- Norfolk Cottage breaks from £279 per stay with Cottages.com – find here
- July & August Hoseasons Lodge breaks from £339 per stay – find here
- July & August Hoseasons Holiday Park breaks from £299 per stay – find here
- July & August breaks with Park Dean with Breakfree Holidaysthroughout the UK from £249 per stay – find here
- July & August Sykes Cottages breaks from £599 per stay – find here
- July & August breaks with Holiday Cottages from £551 per stay – find here
- Cornwall Hotels with Booking.com from £79 per night – find here
- Devon Hotels with Booking.com from £72 per night – find here
- England Hotels with Booking.com from £54 per night – find here
Sunday was the holiday company's all-time greatest sales day – with sales up nearly 20 per cent on the previous record set last June, when Boris Johnson lifted UK travel restrictions at the end of the first national lockdown.
By-the-sea breaks are proving popular, with 50 per cent of all weekend bookings featuring a coastal property.
Simon Altham, Group Chief Operating Officer at Awaze, the parent company of Cottages.com, said: "These are astonishing figures. We saw a rapid increase in bookings last week off the back of the tightening of European travel restrictions, and that momentum only gathered pace over the weekend."
"People clearly want something to look forward to and a future holiday, when it is safe to travel again, is perfect for helping to get through the cold winter months during lockdown. It’s no surprise they have reacted to Mr Hancock’s comments and rushed to lock in a Great British summer break."
While you can't travel abroad right now due to the UK lockdown, banning all non-essential travel, you can get a holiday planned for the summer or later in the year.
For those looking to go abroad, there are still some great deals to be had on foreign breaks, including lots of cheap all inclusive holidays for summer 2021 – and all have free child places – and cheap package holidays.
If you fancy staying in the UK, holiday parks are also offering huge bargains – some of which start from £3pp a night – and there are cheap deals in the UK's warmest places, as well as deals for holidays close to the UK's best beaches.
There are cheap quirky homes to rent, Bridgerton-inspired stays, and UK theme parks have discounts too.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.
Source: Read Full Article